Backup, Recovery & Archiving
United Business Solutions offers a comprehensive range of storage protection solutions.This complex area of infrastructure starts with an understanding of your business requirements, and therefor value on such an investment.
The key factors that drive investment in this area include:
Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RTO)
Once these key parameters have been established, build a range of solutions to support these objectives is the next phase.
Customers can chose to have a private cloud based solution, where the equipment and software is on your site, and owned by your company, or a public shared cloud resource, where the total cost structure is based on your usage.
Our capability covers all aspects including
- Hard Disk recovery Services
- File and System level recovery using a range of software tools for laptops, desktop and servers
- Preventing total loss of data using Best In Class backup software for local and remote recovery
- Automating business critical data replication within a storage array or across storage arrays
- De-Duplicating appliances to automate off site backup without change to your backup software
- Hosting and provisioning of off site, data centre services to simply clip into your existing data center using cloud services.
Best In Class tools in our portfolio include:
- EMC VNX and NS Class storage arrays with MirrorView/S and /A, and IP replication
- EMC VNX and CX class storage arrays using EMC Recoverpoint appliances
- EMC Data Domain In Line target based De-duplicating appliances
- EMC Avamar Host Based De-Duplicating Software and Appliances
The other dimension of data protection, often over looked, is regulatory requirements for retaining customer data over a period of time.
If this element is ignored, the scope of a solution may be limited to data that will be potentially lost as data is cycled over media used for backup.
Where data is required to be accessible for many years, our analysis will identify ghis, and options can be included to achieve this objective.
These include archiving software solutions to separate active data from inactive data, and to move the inactive data to the lowest cost per TB media, without compromising access to this passive data.